[Sca-cooks] ISP wars

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Sat Dec 1 06:53:02 PST 2001

Y'know, sometimes it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.  Here we are,
recovering from a massive computer system crash, trying to run a kingdom
level event, start a new business, cope with a death in the family and just
generally deal with daily life on top of all that and our most used form of
communication, e-mail, is probably about to be cut off because Excite at home
couldn't figure out how to properly run a business.  It looks like the
courts are not going to grant an injunction to stop Excite from shutting
down service.  Cox Communications tells us not to worry but to be prepared.
Is it just me, or is that the new American mantra?  Anyway, be prepared we
must so, for the time being, Marion and I are running double e-mail
addresses.  When trying to contact me, please use both rkappler at home.com and
rgodefelaugh at yahoo.com  , and to contact Denise please use both
flame-macgregor at home.com and flame_macgregor at yahoo.com .  We are keeping our
mail lists where they are but, if Excite does indeed pull the plug we will
switch them all over to our yahoo accounts.  We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may cause folks, but not much we could do about it.

regards, Puck/Rich