[Sca-cooks] vanilla beans

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Dec 2 22:02:16 PST 2001

Gwynydd said:
> > From: Stefan
>
> > Agreed. The pickled beets were the main thing I was referring to in
> > my statement.
>
> Phillistine!  Beetroot belongs on burgers like ... well, like vanilla
> belongs in icecream.

Well, I guess you could use vanilla there, but chocolate is so much
better...  Certainly beats beets in the ice cream, though. :-)

However, I did buy several vanilla beans from the Pepper's Guild at
this last Pennsic. Can someone tell me how to use the things? I'd also
be interested in hearing any good things to do with them. Period
recipes preferred, but other recipes/ideas welcome, also.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net