[Sca-cooks] Louisiana Rice Cake

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Dec 3 09:23:53 PST 2001

A Louisiana Rice cake is a great way to use up cooked rice ;-)

You take however much leftover rice you happen to have and add about 1/4 the
amount of flour that you have of rice, and heavy cream, egg, sugar and the
like to make a thick paste. Add cinnamon to taste, raisins or other  chopped
dried fruit aren't cannoniacle, but tasty and scoop and fry in butter until
it is cooked inside and has turned golden brown on the outside. Sort of like
un-pancakes ;-)

It is really tasty but odd to take rice cooked with garlic and chicken
broth, add cinnamon, a few raisins of zante, sugar and fry up in butter and
serve with leftover brandied hard sauce. Sweet and savory. My favorite
breakfast of champions when I feel like carbing out. It is also sort of
interesting to do saffron, rosewater and cardamom rice cakes.
margali