[Sca-cooks] Re: Bubba

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:04:21 PST 2001

>Ok, had to tell the story. Several reigns ago, here in Northshield, the
>Prince gave an AoA to a gentle (whom we shall call "Brad", as that's his
>name) who had been in the SCA for 7 years and still didn't have a
>name. "Brad" was granted his AoA on the provision that he attend an event
>two weeks hence, with his name submission paperwork, or a name would be
>chosen for him by the populace. He duly arrived at the event, but in the
>flurry of preparations to leave, had forgotten his paperwork. The Prince
>declared that he must then submit to the will of the populace, and,
>conveniently, offered for our approval three different names selected by
>the Principality herald that were researched, period, and would pass
>Laurel. The names were: Jesus Ximenez, Phyllis [something or other], and
>Bubba ap Elvis. The populace voted "Brad" a new name. The signet quickly
>filled in the AoA scroll. "Brad" is now Lord Bubba ap Elvis. And, he's
>kept it.
>
>OB food content: do not eat pumpkin pie right after you've been sucking on
>Sen-Sen. Yuck!
>
>Margaret FitzWilliam
Actually, I think Alban was referring to Baron Bubba Godgodson, former Baron
of Shattered Crystal.  He had wanted to be called Zardrik, and couldn't find
any documentation to support it.  In order to thumb his nose at the heralds,
he documented "Bubba Godgodson" and had fun watching the faces fall.

Vicente