[SCA-Cooks] Court News from Lochac

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 04:26:13 PST 2001

Congrats, Drakey!  And I have a friend who also was granted Court Baronetcy
who threatens bodily harm if we call him "Your Excellency" - the most fun is
his son, who calls him "Baron Papa" or "Sir Papa" as the mood strikes.

Anne asked:
> What's the difference between a Court Baron and a Landed Baron?

Landed Baronetcies come with land, and Court Baronetcies don't.

Seriously.

The former are attached to a Barony.  I live in a Barony, we have a Baron
and/or Baroness.  Court Baronetcies are "ya done REAL good" awards and thus
are sometimes referred to as "landless white trash," at least in some
Kingdoms.  And usually by the coronet wearers themselves.

                                        ---= Morgan