[Sca-cooks] RE: Crown Province Differences (WAS: Court News from Lochac)

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 08:04:54 PST 2001

I said:

> I would note that unless things have changed in the last three or four
> years (since I moved to Ansteorra from the Midrealm), the Crown Province
> of Tree-Girt-Sea in the Midrealm did NOT have a Viceroy or Vicereine.
> It is basically a shire with a fancy title.

Adamantius replied:

>>> Umm, that may be, but not in the East, AFAIK.

Right.  I was talking about the Crown Province in the Midrealm.  I did not want Anne or anybody else reading your message to think that the Ostgardr way is the ONLY way Crown Provinces operate.  Another bit of Inter-Kingdom Anthropology.  Sorry I did not properly label the message as such.

>>> I don't know if things are simply different in the Midrealm
>>> than in the East in this regard, or if you're confusing a
>>> province with a crown province. Presumably the former.

Yep, as I said.  When I lived in the Midrealm, it was definitely called the Crown Province - so named because many years ago (as in, when Cariadoc was King), all of the Royalty of the Midrealm seemed to come from there.  For what, the first three or four or several reigns, Your Grace?

                           ---= Morgan

PS:  Alban, it's been my experience, but I've never lived in Calontir, remember?  Which see, Corpora V.B.3., page 26 of the July 2001 edition.

"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you’re right."
"When you come to a roadblock, take a detour."  ---= Mary Kay Ash (1918-2001)