[Sca-cooks] Re: Period Potluck

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 5 15:04:19 PST 2001

Misha asked:
> OB Food Stuff-Does anyone have any favorite, period potluck dishes? How
> rare(or common) were casserole type dishes suitable for a potluck?

Soups and stews can be easily done and reheat in Crockpots well.
See:
soup-msg         (101K)  1/31/01    Medieval soups. Cooking soups at
events.
                                       recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/soup-msg.html
stews-bruets-msg  (65K)  5/24/00    Period stews and bruets. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/stews-bruets-msg.html

Another item that I've seen go over well, in SCA as well as
mundane pot lucks is Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese. Also known
as "cheese goo". There are several recipe variations in this
file:
cheese-msg       (152K)  1/ 8/01    Medieval cheese. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cheese-msg.html

Stefan li Rous