[Sca-cooks] stone knives, venison recipes

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 5 15:17:34 PST 2001

Grif commented:
> I have seen some beautiful long slate knives. The secret is that you don't
> knap it so much as grind and sand it. In some ways similar to how a celt is
> made.

Oh! A "celt" must be some kind of knife. When I first saw the comment
about making celts, I was wondering if I should mention my p-sex-msg
file but decided it didn't have anything on making that particular
model.

> Food content: Took my first deer this Monday. I'd love to see some good
> venison recipes.

You might want to check these two files in the FOOD-MEATS section of
the Florilegium:
sausages-msg     (104K) 10/31/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html
venison-msg       (45K)  7/26/00    Medieval and modern recipes for
venison.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/venison-msg.html

Stefan li Rous