[Sca-cooks] kitchen scales

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Dec 7 15:51:24 PST 2001

Gorgeous Muiredach said:
> >I assume those parts are by volume?
>
> Actually, no :-)  I weigh everything in baking, I don't do
> volumes...

Yeah, so do others I notice.

Last night I started making some marzipan to make the marzipan
peach pits for our Yule Revel tomorrow. When I got into the
recipe, I saw things were by wieght. :-( Not having a kitchen
scale, I did things by using the net. wieght numbers on the
cartons and estimating the amounts as fractions of those numbers.
And then added some more sugar as needed to get what I thought would
be the right texture.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for the type or
brand of kitchen scale I should look for? Or what features
are useful to have and which ones aren't worth it?

Thanks,
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net

Tonight, molding the marzipan in the peach pit mold and
making a sauce. And doing the wafers and snow, if I have
the time. And doing some Event Steward stuff.