[Sca-cooks] kitchen scales

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:23:11 PST 2001

My kitchen scales were purchased so that we
could weigh pinewood derby cars to a fraction
of an ounce for the annual pinewood derby weigh-in.
The cars can't weigh over 5 ounces... they like
to have them weigh about 4.999. I have a really nice
set as a result of this. My husband the engineer
bought them. You probably do not want to know what it
all cost. They weigh in grams and ounces, by the way
which I recommend and they have a memory. And they can
zero out a bowl, so you can place a bowl on, zero the scale
and then add the ingredients.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

"Mark.S Harris" wrote:

> Gorgeous Muiredach said:
> > >I assume those parts are by volume?> >
> > Actually, no :-)  I weigh everything in baking, I don't do
> > volumes...
>
> Yeah, so do others I notice.>
> Last night I started making some marzipan....
I saw things were by wieght. ....snipped