[Sca-cooks] chains of command

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Sun Dec 9 06:55:09 PST 2001

Kiri wrote:

>Yes, they do...in fact even a single peerage beats out a baroncy.

I believe there is at least one Kingdom where this is not true, though
I'm hard pressed to name the kingdom.

>The only place where this is possibly not true is that a landed
>baron is next to the
>Crown in the "chain of command", as he/she is the voice of the Crown to the
>people of the barony, therefore technically outranking any peer in that
>group, royal or otherwise.

The key to this in the Middle Kingdom is "in court." In my barony I
am outranked
by every single Peer except when I sit in court. While in court as
part of court,
I outrank everyone save the Royalty present.

>Kiri (delighted that her term as Baroness has been extended another two
>years

YEAH!

>  but bummed that it'll be another two years before she can cook a feast
>in Dun Carraig without running into the "you're the Baroness, you can't cook
>a feast!" thing)

Oh thank god I'm not the only one. Every time I offer, you'd think I'd
sprouted a new head or three and just profaned the most sacred of
SCA history or something. I do swear that my least favorite phrase
by the time I'm done will be "But you're the Baroness, you can't!" I
literally have to *leave* my barony to help cook a feast.

Iasmin