[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1111 - 16 msgs

Fri Dec 14 14:09:00 PST 2001

A flat is an apartment on one floor of a building.  The term is used in the
U.S., primarily on the East Coast.  The word appears to be an altered form
of the Scots "flet" meaning the inner part of a house or floor.

Bear