[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1111 - 16 msgs

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 14 20:11:32 PST 2001

It is? Where on the East Coast? We certainly don't use it in New York or
New Jersey - I've lived in apartments my entire life!

I do know the word, I read British books...

And an airing cupboard was originally to air clothing. When you took
something off, you put it in a roomy, ventilated cupboard, rather than back
in the clothes press. You would also put used towels and things there. The
purpose of all this was so that damp things could dry, and air out, before
you put them away.

Anne