[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1111 - 16 msgs

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Dec 14 20:22:47 PST 2001

A. F. Murphy wrote:

> It is? Where on the East Coast? We certainly don't use it in New York or
> New Jersey - I've lived in apartments my entire life!

I think you need to travel through time, as well as some ways East, to
get where Bear is talking about. It appears in, for example, books by
Milt Gross in the 1920's, set in New York. But I agree (even though I
never lived in an apartment except for a year as a teenager, and after
getting married), it's not commonly used in New York today, AFAIK.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com