[Sca-cooks] za'atar seeds and more

K Francis baronesskay at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:46:56 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Greetings,

A very lively thread!  JLHudson says it is thyme capitatus but doesn't have
seeds.  They recommend: Companion Plants   7247 North Coolville Ridge Rd
Athens OH  45701  for seeds but maybe just plants.  Also, Horizon Seeds has seeds.
Well, I plan to get some and try to grow it.

On another note, I picked up some lovely rosebuds at an herb sale in Sonoma
County this weekend and the lady is looking for rose recipes.  She was
thrilled to learn of ras el hanout in coffee!

Lastly,  can anyone help me with a dough made from flour, egg and oil?  It
will wrap a filling and be fried, then covered with honey and sugar.  The
recipe says take a dough and kneed in egg and good sweet oil.  Does this mean
a water and flour dough, then the egg and oil or just flour, egg and oil.
Recipe is 1520 Catalan.

Thanks all,

Kay