[Sca-cooks] recipe of Pate re: proud Mistress

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 20 07:23:10 PST 2001

Hello All!

Thanks for the kudos!  It's nice to hear them. :)

The recipe was pretty simple: 1 pound chicken livers, boiled in heavily
salted water, then ground up into a paste after it is drained.  Add two
eggs, chicken suet (about a tablespoon), a bit of nutmeg, pepper, and about
two tablespoons of currants all mixed into the liver paste.  Let set in
fridge for at least 2 hours.

The bread was a standard french bread recipe, but instead of water, I
subsitituted beet juice for red, and spinach juice for green (thanks to Dame
Seleneand her juicer).  I think the recipe for the bread was 2 cups flour, a
tablespoon of sugar, a tsp of salt, a packet of yeast and 3/4 cup liquid.

The spinach ended up needing more flour for me, so I slowly added flour as I
mixed.  I can't tell you how much I added since I gradually added.  Perhaps
a half a cup or so.

The colors were brillant, to say the least. They came out more chewy than
crunchy, but still tasty.  Most people seems afraid of it (the bread).  It
WAS a bit odd looking.

I DO have some pictures, but MSN is giving me grief.  Once I get it all
settled, you'll be able to see my entry, Aeddie's dragon and a few other
things hopefully by next week. :)

Hope you all have a great Yule!  I know I did. :)

--Arte