[Sca-cooks] sponge cake and such

KazOShea at aol.com KazOShea at aol.com
Wed Dec 26 15:56:19 PST 2001

I had mentioned that I had found a mention for a cream filled sponge in
period writing. I did find a sponge cake recipe in Fettiplace's Receipt book.
However I have been unable to locate about the cream filled part.

Although I thought I read somewhere the man that invented twinkies got the
idea from a dig in England and he found a sponge cake with cream filling in
the ruins of an old Elizabethan house. And after all those year it was still
moist on the outside with a creamy filling...

Iago