[Sca-cooks] Gifts for Assistants?

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 29 16:07:54 PST 2001

OK, I need some wisdom, since it has been a LONG time (but once) since I have been head cook.  This is only my second feast since moving to Ansteorra!

I like to give gifts to major members of my staff.  (The one time the gift went home with me, the person flaked out and disappeared without leaving a message - and leaving me badly shorthanded.)  This time, my brain is stalling.

All of my volunteers are experienced cooks, so don't need utensils etc.  I have thought of bags of fun spices.  I *am* planning to give some homemade soaps, possibly some chocolate lip balm, and a facecloth.  They are all new to period cooking, so I am thinking of adding a copy of "Pleyn Delit."  Any other suggestions?

                                                ---= Morgan

"Faith is believing what common sense tells you not to."
      ---= Doris Walker (Maureen O'Hara), "Miracle on 34th Street"