[Sca-cooks] Found the reference! was Food preservation help

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 17:53:28 PST 2001

Ah! I finally found the source I was looking for.
It's in Sir Hugh Plat's "Delights for Ladies".
The problem was that it is in the section for
distillation instead of the preserving section.

Some fascinating references though. The section
includes ways of keeping oysters, lobsters, fried
fish, roasted beef and other things fresh. It also
includes the (in)famous reference to keeping meat
fresh by dragging it behind ships in holed barrels.

Very cool.

Gunthar