[Sca-cooks] So here I sits....

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Mon Dec 31 20:46:27 PST 2001

a bourbon close at hand, a Big Yellow Dog to my right, a newly elevated Big
Yellow Dog to my left, a Should Be a Big Yellow Dog but had Really  Really
REALLY Bad Karma in the Last Life and was Born a Shih Tzu behind me and a
Will Someday be a Big Yellow Dog ripping mouldings off the wall in the
hallway while concurrently terrorizing the Stoopid Cat, just kind of
enjoying the quiet entry of the new Gregorian year and counting my blessings
for some odd reason.  Perhaps that's not the puppy in the hallway.  Perhaps
its a freight train and I'll soon find myself in a cocka-poo body unable to
reach the bourbon.  Things could be worse I suppose.  I could come back in
the Air Force.  :-)

So here I sits, getting ready to crawl into bed and sleep through the
bruhaha, thinking I might enumerate my blessings so that I can remember them
in the morning.

-I am blessed by the friendship I once had with Al Sayyid Ras and the hope
that we may rekindle it in the future.
-I am blessed by the fact that you people put up with me on a regular basis
and keep coming back for more.
-I am blessed by the fact that a veritable butt ton of people realised I
needed help with EK 12th Night.
-I am even more blessed by the fact that they helped me without pointing out
that they felt the need to do so.
-I am blessed by the fact that Gunthar, Bear, 'Lainie, Suemas, Huette and
others considered coming to this event, even though they couldn't.
-I am blessed by the fact that Master Adamantius pulled my ass out of the
fire yet again.
-I am blessed by the fact that Adamntius took me on as an apprentice before
he realised he would spend most of his waking moments pulling my ass out of
fires.
-I am blessed by the fact that this damned event will be history one way or
another in a mere 120 hours.
-I am most of all blessed by my dogs who never fail to remind me that, as
long as you have food in your bowl, a warm dry place to sleep and someone to
scratch your belly once in a while, life doesn't suck.
-But believe it or not, I am blessed more than by my dogs by the fact that
The Cute Little Red Haired Girl puts up with all my crap, including cleaning
the house and going to bed alone whilst I do this silly shit, and still
looks forward to each and every day with me.
       Well, almost each and every day.  I have elevated making life
difficult into an art form.  I love you Marion.

Happy New Year everybody, may this one ignore what you want and bring you
what you deserve.

regards, Puck