[Sca-cooks] Offering myself! <g>

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Dec 31 21:50:23 PST 2001

I wrote:

> Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
>
>  > I come with my own knives, stamina, and no prima dona attitude :-)
>
> You mean we don't get to play the "There can BE only one!" game?
>

> Seriously, folks, some of you may not be aware of how difficult it can
> be for control fr...some peop... me to learn not to behave badly and
> play well with other children in a kitchen. What Muiredach is saying
> cannot be coming easily, and I strongly advise anybody in a position to
> take advantage of him (Hey! Get yer mind outta the gutter!) to do so.

Looking back, and after being asked about this, I think perhaps I was
unclear, and this may have read as sarcasm when none was intended. I
leave it to those who know me better to vouch for my seriousness in this
matter.

Basically, I have great admiration for those who work hard and are good
at what they do, and don't spend a lot of time talking about how lucky
we all are to have them. Finding such a person in the SCA, it seems to
me, is a stroke of luck.

People (including my own apprentice) tease me about having an attitude,
but again, I leave it to those who know me to know what's real and what
is play-acting. Not that I don't enjoy it, mind you, at certain times!

Puck, I _do_ have a private office at the 12th Night site, don't I?

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com