[Sca-cooks] Re: Fudge - recipe please!

John Husvar jhusvar at neo.rr.com
Sun Dec 2 15:29:53 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gwynydd of Culloden" <gwynydd_of_culloden at yahoo.com.au>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 3:11 PM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Re: Fudge - recipe please!

> > > Johan - in the middle of baking a big batch of double-fudge chocolate
> chip
> > > peanut butter cookies with cinnamon and nutmeg - about as OOP as can
be,
> but
> > > good. :)
>
> So, where are the recipes?

Recipes? We don' need no steenkeeng recipes! I cheated! :)

Sorry, but these're straight outta the bag from the Giant Eagle. No time  to
make 'em up from scratch when I made the batch yesterday.

Just take one each of those plastic bag Betty Crocker mixes in Double
Chocolate, (chocolate cookies with chocolate chip) and Peanut Butter, make
both mixes in the same bowl, spice the dough to taste with cinnamon and
nutmeg, roll into one inch balls, drop on baking sheet, and bake at 375 for
about 10-14 minutes.

Cool each sheet for 5-10 minutes before slipping the cookies off with a
spatula. They tend toward the chewy if you bake them on the low side of the
time. Longer for drier and crisper. (Like I'd have to tell _this_ gang
that!:)

I like 'em about like slightly dry fudge brownies.

When I have more time, I make up the dry ingredients for both kinds of
cookies, plain chocolate and peanut butter, but go heavy on the cocoa, add
an excess of chocolate chips, and proceed as above. For some reason, they
taste better when I do 'em from scratch.

If the spicing tastes just to the point where it seems like too much in the
dough, and only just, they should bake up about right.