[Sca-cooks] Cooking rice in feast quantities

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Sun Dec 2 21:52:22 PST 2001

At 09:10 PM 12/2/01,david friedman said something like:
>Incidentally, what I was cooking rice for a hundred people over was a
>sort of oversized coleman-style stove with its own legs that someone
>in the group had provided--because the kitchen only had stove space
>for two large pots (two ordinary stoves, one with an oven overhanging
>it).  I don't remember the brand name, although I can probably find
>it, but it is a very useful gadget, providing two quite powerful
>burners. I'm thinking of getting one--it would be useful when we do a
>cooking workshop in our one stove kitchen and run out of burners.
>Also useful when and if we do another feast in a too small kitchen.
>--
>David/Cariadoc
>http://www.daviddfriedman.com/

We've been using those in Calafia for a little while. The Barony owns one,
and we use it at events, and my household owns one.

We found that the biggest hassle was remembering to bring a wrench to
tighten the gas fittings (duct tape one to the leg when you disassemble).
And a carrying bag.  Luckily there was a great sale on large size sport
duffles recently, and it fits inside there just fine.

The stoves are wonderful!

Regards,
Maggie MacD.