[Sca-cooks] vanilla beans

Diana Haven tantralya69 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 08:33:24 PST 2001

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Stefan li Rous wrote:
>

> > However, I did buy several vanilla beans from the
> Pepper's Guild at
> > this last Pennsic. Can someone tell me how to use
> the things? I'd also
> > be interested in hearing any good things to do
> with them. Period
> > recipes preferred, but other recipes/ideas
> welcome, also.

M'Lord, if you drink coffee or any other warm beverage
that requires the addition of sugar, let me suggest
vanilla sugar.  Just take a fresh bean (should have a
wonderful aroma) and bury it in the center of 5lbs of
sugar - about a month later it should be perfect...

Now, the vanilla bean is still good to use in other
things like vanilla ice cream, pudding, creme brulee
(my favourite!).  I don't have all my things yet from
the east, so i can't give you any recipes yet :-(

Diana d'Avignon