Bubba A was Re: [Sca-cooks] "Soul food" that others can't stand...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 3 09:12:20 PST 2001

> > From: Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
> >
> > Besides, you can't call me Bubba: I'm the Ultimate Urban Yankee. Or so
> > they tell me, anyway.

You don't have to be a redneck to be called Bubba.  I was born in NYC too,
and  I got called Bubba for a while after a fan spin-off of Jeff Foxworthy's
famous routine started going around:  "If your starship captain refers to his
first officer as "Bubba", he just may be a redneck."  I was the VP of our
local Star Trek club at the time.  'Nuff Said.

Selene, aka Bubba Sue