Bubba A was Re: [Sca-cooks] "Soul food" that others can't stand...

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Mon Dec 3 09:43:25 PST 2001

>You don't have to be a redneck to be called Bubba.  I was born in NYC too,
>and  I got called Bubba for a while after a fan spin-off of Jeff Foxworthy's
>famous routine started going around:  "If your starship captain refers to his
>first officer as "Bubba", he just may be a redneck."  I was the VP of our
>local Star Trek club at the time.  'Nuff Said.

. . . back when I was being fully heraldic, I was leafing through a Big Muckin'
Book on Anglo-Saxon names, and at one page came to a full stop in shock.
Turns out, Bubba was in the book; it dates back to something like 900AD. . .
There was a court baron in the Middle, a few years ago; you got it. He's
Baron Bubba.

Alban