[Sca-cooks] Midrealm Cooks' Collegium

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Dec 3 12:43:10 PST 2001

"Mark.S Harris" wrote:

> > I spotted that, too. Could it be a phonetic rendering of cornichons, the
> > teeny little sour gherkins eaten with pates and such in France?
>
> I'm not sure you are helping. :-) A "pate" is the mashed-up paste of
> meat or organ meat, right? What is a sour gherkin?

A sour gherkin is a pickle, last I knew. A teeeny pickle. Personally, I
thought the word in question was a mis-spelled 'canisiones', which I've
made and like. They make up well ahead and travel well (uncut- cut them
on site) but I tried doing them in the over in camp and it didn't work
so well. They really want to be handled carefully with a regular oven, I
guess.

'Lainie