[Sca-cooks] Re: Research cooking vessels, pottery

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:58:41 PST 2001

>>--Arte (way too excited to talk pottery to cooks) ;)

>And what, pray tell, does that mean? Some of us "cooks" do way more >than
>that. I happen to *like* wheelthrowing. Some of my pieces are >very nice.

>Running joke since high school- I'd be the only chef who makes her own
>flatware and table service pieces...
>SO THERE! P~~~~~~~~

>Finn

On a more serious note, I've been told I'm rather one track minded in the
ceramic department, so I'm now always worried about boring people.  I.E. All
I am interested in is ceramics.  It's not the case, but I must admit that
when I do talk pottery, I REALLY LOVE talking about it. :)

So, I try to calm the heq down when pottery is mentioned now, especially to
people of which I am not so sure they really care what the difference is
between a pipkin and a chaffing dish.

One of the things I'm really shooting for is doing an A&S entry with all of
my own made things, from flatware (metal smithing), bowls (ceramics), table
cloths (sewing/embriodery), candles, and cooking the main course.  Sounds
like a fun project to me, but who knows if I'll ever "get around to it".

It's nice to know that I'm not alone though. :)

--Artemesia