[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Dec 3 16:10:17 PST 2001

Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I'm not certain, but I believe that coronets for Barons, landed or otherwise,
> is specified in either Corpora or the other "rules" document.  Barons are
> entitled to wear/display a coronet with six "pearls" above the rim.  Of
> course, in practice, those pearls usually manage to be different things

I just went through the on-line Corpora, the OLD corpora, even braved
the herald's sites and found... nothing. I seem to remember there at
least being something about crenels, strawberry leaves, white belts and
Laurel/Pel medallions- but I can't find them. Did they drop them as
redundant, since the Kingdoms all have it in law? I dunno. I coulda
swore they were there. Is anyone else better at finding the info? I'm
mystified.

Here in An Tir it is not specific about a Court Barony coronet. They
landeds get 'the Coronet of the Barony'. Crenels and leaves are
reserved, and you can't have protrusions above the band unless you're
baronial or above. Someday I'm gonna make myself that fat ol' hurkin 4"
wide Lombardy Crown and no one can stop me... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

'Lainie