[Sca-cooks] Re: lavender sugar

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Dec 4 06:21:02 PST 2001

It _is_ yummmy.  I managed to buy a jar at this little stall in the Pike
Street Market when I went to Seattle for KWAS. I just went and looked at
the ingredients, and, basically, it's an apple jelly (also has some
vinegar) with the lavender added (must have been strained out later, as
there are no little floating bits).  One of my herbal books has a recipe
for Sage Jelly, and notes that you can use apple jelly as a "carrier"
for all different kinds of herbs, so I bet you could do a plain apple
jelly and add your lavender.
--Maire