[Sca-cooks] Re: Court News from Lochac

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 06:26:37 PST 2001

Adamantius said:

> On the other hand, Anne, the place where you, and I, and Andrea, and
Devra,
>  and various others from this list live, is a Crown Province, something of
> an anomaly by SCA-group standards. We function as a barony, but have no
> baron. (All provinces, in SCA parlance, are like this.) Instead we have a
Vice-
> roy and Vicereine, which makes us one of, what, only three or so groups to
> be so organized.

I would note that unless things have changed in the last three or four years
(since I moved to Ansteorra from the Midrealm), the Crown Province of
Tree-Girt-Sea in the Midrealm did NOT have a Viceroy or Vicereine.  It is
basically a shire with a fancy title.

The other main difference, that you forgot to mention, is that Baronies can
give their own awards, and have them be armigerous (at least to the AoA
level).  Crown Provinces don't have that ability, they can only give "done
good" awards, with no OP authority.

                                            ---= Morgan

PS:  The stuff about regalia was, I think, in the older versions of Corpora,
and was removed in the recent rewrite, which may be while Alban remembers it
and 'Lainie cannot find it.