[Sca-cooks] Vinegar Question

Laurie Hupman roswtr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 08:32:53 PST 2001

<unlurk>

We had a teriffic storm right after Thanksgiving that
knocked our power out for most of a day, and I ended
up at a friends house to do my cooking for our annual
post-Thanksgiving potluck.

I didn't bring enough vinegar with me, and tried to
borrow some sherry vinegar from him.  But when I tried
to pour the vinegar, it had gelled into a weird
looking glob!  I don't remember that it smelled
particularly unpleasant, but the texture definitely
put me off.

Now I'm wondering, could I have used that to grow new
vinegar?

Rose