[Sca-cooks] Court News from Lochac

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Dec 4 13:29:06 PST 2001

I guess maybe they removed it.  I do know, from my experiences as a herald...and
working with the beginning throes of a new Kingdom as its Principal Herald...that
we talked about the livery question (what sorts of things should be reserved and
what should not), and decided to go just with what was reserved by Society
law...chain and white belt for Knights, Laurel wreaths for Laurels, the pelican
badge for Pelicans, and, for the coronet thing, strawberry leaves for Dukes,
crenelations for counts and six pearls for barons...whether they were landed or
not.  Each barony in Atlantia has it's own distinctive coronet, but I believe that
all of them have, in one fashion or another, six "pearls" above the band.

So...maybe they did remove it, but it has been a while since I looked this up in
SCA law.

Kiri