telemarketers, was [Sca-cooks] RE: spanish, kinda

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 17:10:24 PST 2001

My dad taught me this trick: just don't say anything.
Eventually they run out of stuff to say.  Works even better
on people who come to the door, 'cause you can stare at
them as well.  Once they've run down, they're a lot more
open to "no."

I'm not usually outright rude to telemarketers unless they
start it.  It's gotta be depressing enough just going to
work with a job like that.

Dana/Ximena

> UlfR wrote:
>

> > But if it was telemarketing you need either a good
> insult generator[1], or
> > a way to do make them waste as much time as possible on
> you before
> > giving up.
> >
> > UlfR

=====
En los tiempos oscuros debes aprender a mirar las estrellas. Pero no todas
están arriba.  El planeta tierra flota y gira en el espacio, y es necesario
que sepas que mientras caminas por el duro suelo miles y miles de estrellas
brillan bajo tus pies -- Jairo Aníbal Niño, Los papeles de Miguela.
What to do about Afghanistan?  For one idea, see: http://rawa.fancymarketing.net/index.html