telemarketers, was [Sca-cooks] RE: spanish, kinda

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 11:14:22 PST 2001

In a message dated 12/4/01 8:18:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,
letrada at yahoo.com writes:

> My dad taught me this trick: just don't say anything.
> Eventually they run out of stuff to say.  Works even better
> on people who come to the door, 'cause you can stare at
> them as well.  Once they've run down, they're a lot more
> open to "no."

AS one of my friends said about Jehovah's Witness' and other annoying
missionary type people, "I'm a witch, whadda you want?" That usually gets
them to leave quite quickly. Unless they are born-agains, in which case it
simply seems to spur them on to preach harder and turn into Bible
Thumpers(TM).

Please don't throw the rotting books at me, I'm just relating the story.

As for telemarketers, I have come to absolutely love my Privacy Manager
feature on my phone line. Blocks all those nasty calls from even getting
through to ring!

Finn