[Sca-cooks] Re: Bubba

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Dec 4 21:00:04 PST 2001

>> (Obviously there was Welsh/Hawaiian contact, as the Hawaiians stole
>> most of the vowels)
Nope. Most of the vowels left of their own accord, preferring to spend time
in far-off lands that saw the sun more often than clouds and snow.
And the vowels that didn't go to Hawai'i went to Finland.

>Not! It was the Irish who store all those nice shiny vowels! And for
>what- for decoration! They aren't _using_ them or anything- they're just
>there to mystify the field heralds...
Nope. Irish Gaelic has a normal amount of vowels. It's all those weird
_consonant_ combinations that confuses people. I mean, really! Where
else do you find "bh" pronounced as "v"? Or was it "mh"? Hmmm. . .

Alban