[Sca-cooks] Re: EK 12th Night Menu

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Dec 5 04:19:32 PST 2001

Christina Nevin wrote:

> Well, darn! I'll be flying out on the 1st and will miss the opportunity also
> (I'm sooo tempted to stay, but I think my co-Head Cook for 12th
> Night/Coronation would be just a _trifle_ miffed at me).

Some people just have no sense of humor.

> The menu sounds absolutely wonderful (I wish I could get more money out of
> people for mine!

It helps to have an event steward who is certifiably insane. I'm not
saying that _my_ event steward is... well, okay, I guess I am saying that.

> and I think that ridiculous 'too expensive' whinge factor
> is universal - I've got it in the past for doing UKP 5.00 p.h. feasts),

I think it's the vocal minority on the East Kingdom list who, it
appears, would complain if you pulled them out of a burning building.
And you know that bit in the Haggadah (the Passover service, I guess
you'd call it) where just about each word is repeated and the meaning of
each is dissected? Those old rabbis, Gamaliel and all, were all members
of the East Kingdom mailing list, but left, saying, "Dzaaaam, you people
sure like to nitpick!" ;-)

(I hope people see this in the spirit in which it was intended. If I
offend, I apologize. Not my intention!)

> please post your redactions when you've recovered.

Will do.

> BTW, how many of us are doing 12th Night feasts? It seems like a few?

I dunno, but I'm doing another one in March, since I didn't really
expect the 12th Night bid to be accepted. A much simpler affair, though.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com