[Sca-cooks] Re: EK 12th Night Menu

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Dec 5 05:54:33 PST 2001

I'm not _doing_ one, although I hope to be _going_ to one (in a barony
in Avacal, about 8 hours north of us).  We really don't seem to do
Twelfth Nights in Artemisia.  The closest equivalent would probably be
Loch Salann's big shindig every year at the beginning of December, which
they call "Solstice Court."
I am, however, starting to work up a bid for our 2003 Spring Feast--I
want to do things from that Andalusian Cookbook. I've done
middle-easterny feasts before, but they were, at best, a mix of period
and periodoid dishes, and the idea of doing an all-period one is
intriguing.  Plus, I've got all these lovely quinces to use to make
murri....(well, murri in addition to a quince tart, and some quince
marmalade, and some quince paste, .....;-)
--Maire