[Sca-cooks] AoAs

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Thu Dec 6 04:01:42 PST 2001

Adamantius said:
>> I always love it when I hear helpful tyros telling total newbies that an
>> AoA is something that just happens when you've been in six months or so...

I guess I'm unusual, but I did get my AoA six months after I actively
joined my local SCA group.  When I asked why, I was reminded I had already
garbed up my son and his friends so they could play, and I broke my leg
while baking bread for an event.  Most folks in my group do get their AoAs
relatively quickly, without resorting to bodily harm ;-).  And I earned my
first service award, a sable thistle for cooking (of course) for organizing
our Guardian Feast this year. I've been playing since February, 1998.

I won't go into the problems I've had with my name and device submissions -
the SPCA called me the "lady of many names" at Pennsic this year. "Liadan
of Sparrowhaven" almost passed, but no, so my local herald and I are
working on a different surname.  It does look as though my device will pass
(yippie!)

Liadan (Quirke? Arandell?)