[Sca-cooks] Relatives and cooking

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Thu Dec 6 04:11:21 PST 2001

Devra, this cracked me up. My mom is a good to great cook. Well known for
her baking, especially pies.  I got her crust recipe. I won't call it
"foolproof," but I've never had a problem. HER mother, however, made pie
crust that resembled shoe leather, although the fillings were wonderful.
And she was mean enough, you didn't want to let her CATCH you feeding the
crusts to the chickens! My personal opinion is she scrimped on the fat
content, probably due to the fact she raised her family on an Oklahoma farm
during the Depression, and didn't have a drop of anything to waste.

Liadan