[Sca-cooks] AoAs

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Thu Dec 6 07:00:30 PST 2001

>> Thank you for your energy and enthusiasm. Us old fogies occasionally
>> need someone around who's fresh, and keen, and eager, to help remind us
>> of what we were like when we were half our age.
>Trust me, I'm not half your age. (Unless you are really, really old...
>doddering along...) There's a very good chance I am your age, if you are
>thinking in those terms. I'm just new in the Society, and in an inquisitive
>mood at the moment... Part of my problem is precisely that I do know too
>much history, which confuses me!

Old fogiedom and young whippersnapperdom aren't miles-on-the-body things,
they're all-in-the-mind things. I've been here for 26 years; you're still new. Hence,
I am an old fogy, and you're a young whippersnapper, and that wouldn't change
even if you were 99 and I were 27.

<grin>

(Hmmm. I know humors. What foods would have been eaten to maintain
brainpower (as we do now for fish, that wonderful brainfood)?)

Alban