[Sca-cooks] Artichoke Pie

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 6 20:44:24 PST 2001

Mace doesn't completely wrap the nutmeg.  There are holes through it.  It
looks something like an octopus wrapped around a large shellfish with some
of the shell showing.  By seperating the place where the legs join, you can
remove the mace almost intact, although I gather it is easier still if you
split the mace.  Whole mace is mace that has been removed from the nutmeg
and dried in large pieces as opposed to being crushed or gorund.

Bear