[Sca-cooks] Artichoke Pie

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 19:42:32 PST 2001

Other way around. Nutmeg is the whole nut, mace is the papery part that
covers it inside the actual shell. Lots more nutmeg than mace. I have no
idea how you would have a whole mace, and you wouldn't want a whole nutmeg,
they're dangerous in that amount, unless you are serving a huge crowd.
(Back to the Herbal discussion... I know we though we'd escaped that, but
here we are!)

Perhaps all the mace of a whole nutmeg?

Anne