[Sca-cooks] Ice cream OOP

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 07:17:36 PST 2001

>> Lucrezia wrote:
>> one batch of Southern Comfort ice cream for my twin
> ...drool...recipe please?
> Iuliana

Not a prob! Basically:

150 ml full cream milk
50 gm caster sugar*
2 large egg yolks
2 double shots of Southern Comfort
150 ml full cream

1. Put the milk in a pan and bring it to a gentle rolling simmer. Don't let
it boil.
2. Cream the yolks and the caster sugar* together.
3. Pour the yolk & sugar mixture into the milk, stirring as you do.
    Again, don't let it boil or the egg will separate and you'll be stuffed.
4. Stir until a medium thick custard that coats the back of your spoon in a
film is formed.
5. Add half the Southern Comfort. Let the custard thicken again.
6. Let the custard cool.
7. Stir in the cream and the rest of the Southern Comfort.
8. Pour into the ice cream maker. Mix for 30 to 40 minutes until you have
ice cream.

*caster sugar is a fine sugar, sized halfway between normal granulated white
sugar and icing sugar. Jam sugar can be used as a good substitute. If you
only have normal sugar then whiz it around in your food processor or mortar
and pestle for a while until it's broken down a bit.

I imagine you can exchange the Southern Comfort for the poison of your
choice, changing the quantity in line with the strength of the flavour. Hope
you enjoy!

Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.