[Sca-cooks] Cabbage Rolls

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Dec 7 07:37:54 PST 2001

> > Um. I don't remember all the details anymore--it was rather longer ago
> > than I care to admit--but I do recall that they scorched rather horribly,
> > without having the heat on very high, and the ones that weren't burnt
> > weren't very good. Yes, there was a recipe, but I have no idea which one
> > it was. The experience was traumatizing enough, much like losing to a 7
> > year old in chess was, that I never tried again, and since my husband
> > isn't overly fond of cabbage it was never a problem.
> >
> > I've had much better luck with things that don't involve cabbage.
> >
> > Margaret, cabbage-impaired
>
> Liadan shudders at the thought of smelling scorched cabbage rolls -  they
> really reek! As your family is not as fond of cabbage as I am, I won't bore you
> with the recipes I have for tasty cabbage dishes - Cabbage Rolls, Cabbage Soup,
> Fried Cabbage, Cabbage Salad - I'd have to be at home to list the period
> recipes except for "Red Cabbage Salad" (thanks again Gwen-Cat!)
>
> Liadan

My *family* doesn't mind cabbage, and is in fact rather partial to both
sweet/sour red cabbage, and a Russian cabbage soup, as well as the
aforementioned cabbage rolls, and of course slaw, corned-beef-and, and
sauerkraut. My *husband* did not grow up actually eating the stuff, and
thus it is not high on the list of things he'd want for dinner.

He might still get Caboches in Potage, though. I did actually buy a
cabbage when grocery shopping.

Margaret