[Sca-cooks] Recording of recipes.

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:06:23 PST 2001

Recipes were "recorded" in the same way anything
else was... it was written down by scribes or recorded
by someone that could write. This often wasn't the cook.
Look at Libellus de Arte coquinaria: An Early Northern
Cookery Book for recipes from the early 13th century.
Manuscripts, of course, exist today for recipe collections.
They did not die out with the advent of printing.

A Website that covers: GAELIC language materials is:
http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/ionnsachadh/
or
http://www.acgamerica.org/language/books_music/materials.html
or Scottish Gaelic Language Learning Materials may be found at:
http://www.his.com/~rory/scotstf.html

Hope this helps.

Johnnae llyn Lewis       Johnna Holloway