[Sca-cooks] A redaction all of my own

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 7 19:03:40 PST 2001

I am not exactly sure how you did the crust, but
I had really good luck doing these by combining the
lard and the water in a pyrex measuring cup...use an
oversized one and microwaving it on high until the water
was boiling hot and the lard was melted on the top. The
mixture gets superhot and when added to the flour makes
this really good dough that can quickly be made up into
your coffin shape. Roll it out and shape ASAP.
 You have to know the shape or have a
mold or tin ready to go, but it bakes hard and works fine for
a coffin that will serve as a container. Like most of these
lard crusts made in this matter, the taste is nothing that
people care for much these days, but it serves its purpose.
Warning: Don't burn yourself with the water/lard mixture.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Louise Smithson wrote:Whew,