[Sca-cooks] RE: More venison stuff

Diamond Randall ringofkings at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 7 22:15:58 PST 2001

Lots and lots of fresh venison now in the freezer here at Glaedenfeld
Centre (4 whole deer so far this season).  We are a bit shy on acorns down
here this year but the grass and corn have been very plentiful all year.  I
can step onto the back porch and blast a good buck out in the Ring of Kings on
most mornings.  A nearby shire has offered an exchange pound for pound
venison for whole goose (dressed).  Such a deal!  The secret to
avoiding any gamey taste in venison, I have found, is in the marinade (40%
BlackJack).  Never had a problem with tough meat either.

Akim

  Acorns would imply a diet high in tannic acid. The meat would
presumably

  taste like leather. This'll be a farmed product, I assume, and
will

  probably be grass or grain-fed.

  Adamantius, ign'r'nt city boy ;-)

  Master A,

  Farm raised venison? Like "farmed" catfish?  Heresy! Oh
well, if I never eat

  another piece of fish or venison from near Sulfer, Oklahoma, it will
be too

  soon!

  Liadan

   If I ate this all together, they could use me for a balloon at
next years'

   Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade!  Seriously, the game
I've cooked   eaten

   was

   definately affected by its diet   mineral content of its
drinking water.

   Liadan

   Who generally asks the hunter if the animal died
happy.

--- Diamond Randall

--- ringofkings at mindspring.com

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.