[Sca-cooks] RE: More venison stuff

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sat Dec 8 04:05:01 PST 2001

At 10:15 PM 12/7/01 -0800, you wrote:
Akim said:
>venison for whole goose (dressed).  Such a deal!  The secret to
>avoiding any gamey taste in venison, I have found, is in the marinade (40%
>BlackJack).  Never had a problem with tough meat either.
>
>Akim

Pardon my ignorance, but what's Blackjack?  I've always soaked my venison
(and liver as well) in milk or salt water to remove the gamey taste. The
last venison I was given was so strong, even an overnight in salt water
didn't make the meat edible. I didn't think about marinating it in an
alcoholic beverage, although it makes good sense.

Liadan