[Sca-cooks] black nougat

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Sat Dec 8 08:26:16 PST 2001

Ooh, this sounds interesting.  I'd love some more commentary on it!  Any
idea how much egg white to honey/hazelnut?  Could the egg white be
stiffening the whole mixture?  I assume the reason why gingerbrede
stiffens so well is that the breadcrumbs absorb some of the honey.
Wouldn't the non-absorbent hazelnuts end up a sticky mess without
another ingredient (that is, the egg white) to solidify it?  Perhaps
they don't need to be beaten, as you mention below, Vincente, because
they are cooked in the honey and therefore denatured.

Just some brainstorming :)

-Magdalena